Thursday, April 23, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

For some inexplicable reason, I have had the song "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles going through my head all day long.

Someone actually thought this was a good idea.

Vicki and I are excited for Girl Scout camp this weekend. Lexi, on the other hand, is beside herself. She would have been packed two weeks ago if I'd let her.

Yesterday Ellie "decorated" herself:
Why is it that as soon as a load of laundry reaches the point of no return, by which I mean it's too late to add anything else to the washer, someone pees their pants or spills something stainful all over themselves?

Have I mentioned before how much I love laundry? No? It is the bane of my existence. People in my house should just go naked. I'd be a much happier person, although my children would probably need therapy. Not to mention the children I babysit.

Sunshine is so nice.

Do you think everyone sees color the same way? Do trees look purple to other people? Only we all know trees are "green", so we all call the color we see green, even though it looks to you how purple looks to me? Does anyone else's head nearly explode from wondering this kind of thing?

Sometimes I have days where I think if one more person touches me I will fall apart.

Whining does not get you what you want. Just thought I'd throw that in there in case my kids read this.

Going camping tomorrow with 14 little girls. Good times.

8 comments:

  1. The color thing- I'm so with you on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The laundry thing--I am so with you on that. I can get it through the dryer. I can even get it folded sometimes. But I can never get it back in the drawers. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wondered about that color thing. I also wonder what it would be like to know other people as well as I know myself, or see other people as I see myself. For example, what if instead of seeing someone's face, we saw ourselves as they would see us through their eyes. Does that make any sense? Anyway, I really do wonder what it would be like to truly be another person for a day.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole if one more person touches you, you will fall apart....I have been to that point many many times! Kinda frustrating....Oh and amen on the laundry thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally think about that color thing ALL THE TIME!! It sorta freaks me out and blows my mind. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What freaks me out is that color doesnt even really exsist. Its just light reflecting off our eyes or something like that. I think that is what I learned in science, but the dementia has set in, so I dont know.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, great, thanks for making it even worse, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bacon salt is a good idea. I want EVERYTHING to taste like bacon...EVERYTHING!!! I plan to sprinkle some on my toothpaste before brushing.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...