Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter dresses and what The Bunny brought us

I very nearly didn't get a shot of the girls in their Easter dresses, but I realized in the nick of time that neither grandma would ever forgive me if I didn't. Sure enough, within 12 hours both grandmas had asked me about it. So here you go, Mom and Perri, this one's for you!



The girls were very excited for Easter. I've tried to talk with them over the last week or so about the true purpose of Easter, that we celebrate the day because Jesus died for us and was resurrected, meaning that we can all have the chance to live with Him and Heavenly Father again. I think they got it. But that didn't stop them from being on pins and needles for what the Easter Bunny would bring.

Easter baskets are a pretty low-key affair around here. This year the girls each got a book and a stuffed bunny:

And a pair of socks, a magnetic notepad (they each have a magnet board by their bed), and of course chocolates and jelly beans.

They also each got a dollar coin, which is more exciting than a dollar bill, because it's gold!


We colored eggs on Saturday, and I didn't think to take pictures, but the Easter Bunny found them in the fridge and hid them all over the house for the girls to find.

We had a great Easter program at church, and the girls got even more candy from their teachers. And when we got home and I panicked because we didn't have an Easter dresses picture yet, even though they weren't thrilled to have to leave on the clothes (we tend to be happier the fewer articles of clothing we're wearing around here these days) they posed perfectly for me:

Everybody say it with me now: awwwwwww...

5 comments:

  1. They look darling! I love the dresses and the hugs. Glad you had a wonderful Easter.

    We missed you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. The girls looked very cute in there dresses at church. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!! They are so cute!!! That last picture needs to be put in a frame.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...