Friday, December 31, 2010

So Long, 2010

You were a good year.  Sure, you could have been better, but you most definitely could have been worse.

These three are definitely the highlight of every year for me:


But 2010 has had its specific ups and downs.  Thankfully, they've mostly been ups.

Despite pay cuts, we've managed to (sometimes barely) stay on top of bills and we've always had enough food to eat.

Because of my babysitting, we've managed to enroll the girls in Girl Scouts, gymnastics, dance classes, and piano lessons.  They've had a blast, and we've had fun watching them do it.

I've been able to volunteer more at the girls' school and get to know the community there.  We have a good school.

Thanks to some wonderful friends who were willing to watch our girls for several days in a row and my wonderful in-laws, who provided a place to stay, Chris and I were able to take a vacation by ourselves.

Thanks to our Netflix account, we've watched some great movies.  And some not-so-great ones (I don't recommend Pi: Life in Chaos, although Chris does).

I've read some wonderful books, and I'm excited to read more now that I'm part of a book group.

Most importantly, I feel like I've taken more steps in my personal spiritual journey this year than I have in the past.  I have a stronger understanding of who I am and where I fit in in the grand scheme of life, and a deeper sense of gratitude to my Father in Heaven for the blessings I enjoy, and to His Son, Jesus Christ, for paving the way for me.

I'm so glad I took so many pictures in 2010.  I may never do anything with the majority of them, but I will never forget the year.  I can't wait to take more next year.

So, here's to what I hope will be a happy, fun, photo-filled 2011!


Bring it on, New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Love you lots and best wishes with 2011 Project 365!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post - I hope you have even more fun and chaos in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm impressed you are holding the camera yourself and got such a great picture.

    I'm always impressed with your optimism and attitude. Also, as I type you are driving home. We miss you and hope you make it safely home, with no burst pipes.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...