Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

Well, it's not really wacky. I just like the alliteration. But I have a bunch of random pictures, none of which really warrant a whole blog post. And I can't think of anything else to post about, and it's been 4 days (!) since my last post, so I figured if I wanted to hang on to the few of you who read this, I'd better post something.

We went to the park to play frisbee a while ago, and I just love this picture of Vicki pouncing on it, like a cat or something.

Here are all my now Junior Girl Scouts at their bridging ceremony. We like to joke that they went from Brownies to Junior Mints.

At Lexi's gymnastics class a couple of weeks ago they got to use the bungees, which hang over a trampoline, and which she's been dying to try out for 9 months now. You can't really tell from the picture, but she's at least 20 feet in the air. She recently moved up a level in gymnastics and is now in an advanced beginning (sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it?) class, with, apparently, the potential to be on a pre team if we're willing to pay more in time and money. She loves gymnastics and it's a great way for her to get her wiggles out.

I finally got my new camera. I stuck with Nikon and got the Coolpix S230 (no, the amazon reviews are not fabulous, but I got a good deal at Costco, and you can't always trust those reviews anyway) and I'm really happy with it so far. Of course when I got it we all had to try it out by taking random pictures all over the house.


(This is of a project Lexi did in school. I'll have to post the text of her report one day. It's adorable)

(I just like this next one because I think it makes me look really skinny! After 3 kids, anything that makes me look skinny is VERY welcome!)
Last but not least, we went to the high school and shot off some of Chris's rockets a couple of weeks ago. We had a blast and we didn't lose any of the rockets, which made the day even better!

5 comments:

  1. you do look very good! Tell us your secrets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good angle. I swear I am nowhere near that skinny. But it is a flattering picture, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you passed out and had to retake your glucose test because of Ramon! Was that with Vicki when I was on my mission?

    Oh, and I don't blame Lexi those bungee things look really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, you totally comfused me! It took me a while to figure out where that came from! I had to retake it with Ellie because I ate ramen noodles for lunch before the test (this is my theory) and the high level of carbs in it messed up the test. I didn't quite pass out during the 3-hour test, but I would have if the two nice phlebotomists who were poking me in various places with needles, trying to find a vein, hadn't noticed that I was on the verge of blacking out and made me lie down before I actually fainted. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pictures and you look super skinny in that picture. You are skinny!!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...