Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Necklace

Last night I opened up my jewelry box to put my earrings away, and sitting on top was something I was positive I had not put in there: a metal washer on a thin red wire. I had no idea where it had come from or what it was supposed to be so I did what anyone would do upon finding junk in their jewelry box - I threw it in the trash and didn't think anything else of it.

Until this evening.

We had gathered everyone in our room to call Grandpa for his birthday when Ellie suddenly remembered something. "Mom!" she shouted, "I have to get you your new necklace that I made you! It's in your jewelry box!"

And the lightbulb turned on and the heavens opened and the choir sang, "Allison, you messed up!"

By this time she was hollering that she couldn't find it, so I sent her to check in another room (she's 3, this still works) while I dug frantically through the garbage can. Fortunately it wasn't very deep in there. She asked me if I liked it, and the grin on her face when I said, "It's perfect!" made the garbage can search so worth it.

So this evening I'm wearing a lovely, one of a kind Ellie E. creation. Like it?

7 comments:

  1. Its very avande garde! Ellie needs her own etsy shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely. Hope your neck doesn't turn green! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Ellie clearly has good fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You should definitely wear it to church.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually...I think it's really neat! Wear that necklace proud mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very creative and probably would fit in with the "green" movement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too cute that she made you a necklace!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...