Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

I wish I was more creative with titles...maybe if it weren't past my bedtime...

We had a blast on Monday. I wish I'd been able to post these pictures sooner, but it has been crazy and will continue to be until school is out, I think. Nobody look at the time this was posted. I should be in bed.

Anyway, we tossed around all kinds of ideas about how to spend Memorial Day and finally settled on Frisbee golfing at Dabney State Park along the Sandy River. None of us possess any particular Frisbee skills, but we had a good time throwing the discs around anyway (and we didn't lose any!) We were easily the least talented people there, but quite possibly the most entertaining. Ellie didn't throw her Frisbee much (mostly she left it laying in random places and then panicking when we reached the hole and she didn't have it) but when she did throw it, she threw it overhand straight at the ground and shoted "Ka-pow!"

The next picture has nothing to do with Frisbees, golfing, or any combination of the two, but I love it and think maybe I should get it framed to remind them that they really do get along most of the time.

After we'd had our fill of frisbees (the rest of the pictures from that part of the day are "action shots", meaning the background is in perfect focus, but we golfers are all blurry), we went for a nature walk along one of the many paths in the park. I don't know why, but I love shots like this one:
And yes, it is really that green here. It's breathtaking.

Vicki found "buckwheat" and makes a cute farmer girl, don't you think?

Then we found...the beach! Or close to it - the Sandy River (now I know why it's called sandy.) If we'd known about it, we would have brought the girls' swimsuits, but they didn't seem to mind. We just rolled up their jeans and said, halfheartedly, "Try not to get too wet."

Yeah, right.

Look, Ma! Dirty hands!

Vicki spent forever working on this "warm water pool".

Ellie didn't want her picture taken.

The car is still full of sand. It was a great day.

4 comments:

  1. I love the shot of Chris and the girls. Frame-worthy, I'd say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Vicki and Lexi together is priceless as is the one with Chris and the girls walking, but my favorites are the ones of Lexi hamming it up, she sure knows when she is on camera.

    Sounds like you had a great holiday weekend. We really miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I miss the green. You really forget how green it is. It looks like it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Frisbee Golf Day and I LOVE the pictures, of course! Wow, the sand must have been a challenge...! Worth the fun.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...