Thursday, October 4, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday


If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!


This afternoon I was driving down the freeway and had to swerve to another lane to miss cases of toilet paper that had fallen out of someone's truck.  It sure looked pretty blowing in the wind, though.

I'm hosting book club at my house tonight.  Too bad I haven't finished the book yet.

You know who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?  Me, that's who.  I thought I was intelligent until I started reading To the Lighthouse.  I know what all the words mean individually, but I have no idea what they're saying all together.  No idea at all.

Taking a nutrition class is fascinating, but it's also a little depressing because it's made me realize that we have hardly any truly healthy food in our house.

I wish I still remembered how to speak Spanish.

Saturday is Ellie's 7th birthday.  She's not excited or anything, though.  Nope, not at all.

Saturday is also the harvest carnival at the elementary school.  Busy day.

Did you know October is Anti-Bullying Month?  I didn't until today, but now that you know, too, you should watch this video:



Educate your kids and the kids you have contact with.  Bullying is wrong, no matter the sentiment behind it.  Treat other people the way you want to be treated.  Don't be a bully.

********
Your turn!

2 comments:

  1. I have read that one. Do they ever make it to the lighthouse? Sad. I realize that is why I enjoyed it. It made me feel a wonderful kind of sadness. Pretty sure Ms. Woolf was quite the sad person herself. It was hard tell what exactly the novel is supposed to be. What was clear, at least to me, in reading this sunbleached image of a story, is that the pity I feel for the sadness of people like Ms. Woolf, comes now, with a tinge of envy. I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That newslady is one class act. Bless her for who she is and what she is doing with someone's cruel acts. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...