Thursday, September 27, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday


If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!


The other day I got up and discovered that I'd been wearing my underwear inside out for the last 24 hours.  That was an interesting way to start the day.

Today I had to be finerprinted for my new job.  They don't use ink to do that anymore, just computers.  It was kinda space-age.

Vicki is learning to play "The Phantom of the Opera" on the piano.  When she practices just the left hand it sounds a lot like Mr. Bean in the Olympics Opening Ceremonies.

On Monday, our neighbor promised Ellie that she'd have her sprinkler on this afternoon so Ellie could cool off on the way home from school.  Not only did Ellie and her friend Katie get soaked to the bone by the sprinkler itself (good thing it was 80 degrees this afternoon!), but Ellie got even more soaked when she slipped on wet stone and fell in the pond.  Good times.

School started for me on Monday.  I'm feeling a little frantic, but mostly under control right now.  I just have to keep telling myself I can do this.

I read this article last night.  It's scary.  Why do little girls need to think that sexy is good?  What's wrong with just being cute and sweet and wearing clothes that were made for children?  I hate shopping for clothes for my girls and having to shop around the mini hooker clothes.  The slideshow at the bottom almost made me cry.

But, to contrast that scary article, how about this awesome one?  Marcos's mom is a teacher at the girls' school.  What an amazing, levelheaded kid.  His parents are bursting with pride, and rightly so.

********
Your turn!

1 comment:

  1. I read the article and actually found it more positive than most on the same subject. It is nice to see that moms can make a difference. I think you are the perfect example for your girls in this area. You talk with them a lot when you watch shows, don't over protect. My only worry is that you are over sexualized and obsess too much about your own appearence. Really, Allie, you are fine just the way you are. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...