Thursday, October 11, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday (nearly Friday edition)


If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!


My life these days has evolved into a very boring routine.  I get up, take the kids to school, go to work (3 days a week), come home and sit in front of the computer to do schoolwork, pick the kids up from school and take them to dance classes or piano lessons (where, assuming the laptop worked, which it doesn't right now, I would do more schoolwork) or Girl Scout meetings, come home, make dinner, do more schoolwork, and crawl into bed.  Boring.  I guess I'll get "me" time in four years.

So far I still have high A's in both my classes!  I haven't had any exams yet, though...

I almost cried when I discovered that Dave's Killer Bread is, indeed, 100% whole grain, and therefore actually good for us.  Unlike the "whole grain" white bread I've been buying, which is not, in fact, whole grain.  Too bad my kids won't eat bread with seeds in it.

There is no school tomorrow, and for this I am very grateful.  Sleep is a beautiful thing.

We told the older girls that we'd pay them to do research projects outside of school.  Vicki's response was pretty much, "meh", but Lexi jumped on it, and tonight she gave a PowerPoint presentation on the states of matter.  It was awesome.

On Saturday I did something I haven't done for a long time: I fell off my bike.  My hands are scraped up, my knees are bruised, and my dignity is lying somewhere on the bike path in Maywood Park, but otherwise I'm fine.  There are a lot of things that are hard to do with scraped hands, though.

I haven't updated my 365 blog in a few weeks, but I'm fairly certain I've still taken a picture ever day.  At least, I hope so!

Okay, so that "me" time thing up there...not entirely true.  I'll finish my pre-requisites after Winter term, but the nursing program (assuming I get in) won't start until the following Fall.  So I'll have a few months of "me" time before the craziness sets in for real.

I like that I get paid to spend time at the girls' school, which is what I was doing all the time anyway.

Halloween costume preparations are underway, and my kids have become incredibly creative.  Vicki is going to be "Alberta" Einstein, Lexi is dressing as a Viking, and Ellie wants to be...a volcano.  I am so not making this up.

********
Your turn!

2 comments:

  1. Paid research, I really like that idea!

    Looove the costumes, can't wait for pictures. Are you guys going to be goths again? Maybe you could be nerd goths--arm tats and pocket protectors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I like Rob's idea of nerd goths. Although I think Ellie's costume idea is the best I've ever heard of. I do remember one year where I was a giant pair of pants with suspenders. I had to hold the costume up over my head. It was great for the school parade but not so much for the trick-or-treating.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...