Thursday, December 17, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

Today is a run-around-like-a-chicken-with-its-head-cut-off kind of day.

And yet here I am at the computer.

My sister-in-law did a post on her blog not long ago where she posted pictures of the inside of several of her closets. If I did that, you’d see that the girls’ closet is knee-deep in clothes (I am not exaggerating in the slightest) because Ellie couldn’t find her “ballerina princess dress” and tried to take matters into her own hands. Not the best timing on her part.

Today I sent my middle daughter to school with a ponytail holder sporting a small dog on a platform in her hair. It’s huge and hideous, but she loves it.

Of course, I wore hot pink bike shorts to school and thought they looked good, so who am I to judge?

I wonder if anyone ever describes my family to other people as “...interesting” or “...different.”

I like that Russell won on SYTYCD last night. I’ve liked him from the beginning. And Lexi thinks he’s cute (heaven help us – she’s attracted to dreadlocks?)

Why does it always seem like no matter how well I plan, I’m packing for vacation the day before?

I hate laundry, that’s why.

Next Random Thoughts Thursday will be Christmas Eve! Holy cow, how did that happen?

I canNOT forget to take my camera to Utah.

My little two-year-old babysitting buddy just walked in the room and said, “Ni-hao.” Okay, I know she’s smart, but now she speaks Chinese?

I need a good book.

Okay, time to get to work.

2 comments:

  1. Blast! I need a good book too and was hoping to get suggestions from you.




    We also had six inch high hair and we pegged our jeans. It is for these reasons that I refuse to judge the styles of today. However I am starting to worry that we are just a few years shy of the pegged jean returning to popularity. And that is the end of civilization as we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, not only did I peg my jeans, but I made sure that my slouchy socks coordinated with my shirt. And my hair scrunchie.

    Someone hide all 80's and early 90's pictures from our children. We will never, ever live that era down.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...