Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

Okay, so it's technically still Wednesday, but only for a little while longer (and I really need to go to bed.) But I don't think I'll have time to post tomorrow, so I'm jumping the gun just a tiny bit.

It's our Girl Scout Day Camp this week. Five words: Busy. Wild. Crazy. HOT. Fun!

In case anyone is wondering, my camp name is Otter Pop.

The girls and I have joined groups known as the Red and Green Apples (Ellie), the Pink Bunnies (Lexi), the Super Green Lizards (Vicki), and the Ice Penguins (me), and so far we have: made bells out of terra cotta pots, woven God’s eyes, learned to gimp (more on this one another day, I think), eaten huckleberries (or puckleberries, if you’re Ellie) straight off the bush, hiked through gorgeous forests, been within 10 feet of a deer who apparently enjoys half-eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, made new friends, learned to set up a tent, played animal charades and a game called “Bob the Weasel”, tested the pH level of the Sandy River, run through sprinklers, learned the distinction between “the flushies” and “the pits”, put up or taken down the flag, and completely crashed each evening. We’re having a blast at camp.

My feet hurt.

I feel really cool and special and kind of giddy because I just discovered that Daring Young Mom left a comment on my blog. I told Chris the other night that I want to be friends with her. She lives in Seattle, which isn't that far from here, so maybe one day I can meet her. Of course I'd probably freak her out because I'd be like a blogger groupy or something. Hi there, Kathryn! (if you're reading this (and I know I flatter myself to think you might)) I'm not crazy, I just love you because you write about life as a mom way better than I do and I aspire to be like you. And I think we sort of already have a connection because I think your husband went to school with my cousin Carrie, so it's like a six degrees of Kevin Bacon thing. We could totally be friends. But now I think I'm just embarassing myself. I'll stop gushing and move on. (but she's really awesome and hilarious - you should all read her blog!)

I had all these great ideas this morning for things to include in my Thursday post, and now I can’t remember what they are. You spend three days with 15 soon-to-be 4th graders (my own daughter is in a different unit, thank heaven) and see how clear your mind is.

That is all. To sleep; perchance to dream.

3 comments:

  1. Girl Scouts sounds like so much fun. I should have lobbied for it when I was young. Instead I just hung around all the cub scouts and tried to do their activities when my mom was a den leader. I thought it was so UNFAIR that I couldn't be in cub scouts. And all along my mom could have put me in girl scouts. (big frown)

    And the other day I was just thinking, "Hey, Allie and Kathryn both live in the same area (kind of). They could actual meet and become friends." Worlds collide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having fun. I love the name, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl Scout Camp sounds like a blast! It is cool that they have a group for Ellie too. (Cool for her and cool for you!) I also think it is great that you volunteered to help out. I think your kids are still at the age where that makes you the coolest mom ever, rather than oh how embarrassing that my mom is still here!

    Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...