Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tooting my horn part 2: the recipe

Since a couple of people actually asked, and I'm being bold and assuming that everyone else wants it (because, really, who wouldn't?) here's my top secret, world-famous, totally awesome, so-simple-you'll-never-buy-Ragu again spaghetti sauce recipe.

Allison's Awesome Spaghetti Sauce
It's mine, I can call it what I want

1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes (I use petite diced)
1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
1 clove minced garlic
Handful diced zucchini or other seasonal vegetable (optional)
About 1-2 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
About 1-2 Tbsp. heavy cream
2-4 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Throw everything into a medium saucepan and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Serve over spaghetti, topped with freshly grated Parmesan.

4 comments:

  1. Mmm. I'll have to try it. This recipe looks similar to the one I use, except for I put in a lot more italian spices (a McCormick spaghetti seasoning packet) and ground hamburger. Ragu is a bad word at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think I'll never buy Ragu again, you underestimate my laziness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...