Monday, July 14, 2008

Life is good

I'm all by myself.

Chris's sister Erica came up Friday night, hung out with us Saturday, and then bravely got on an airplane yesterday with all three of my children and took them to Grandma's house in Utah. There, they have already played with their cousin, read about fairies, been chased by two small dogs, and had a tea party with Uncle Scotty. Life is good for them. Today or tomorrow they will meet their newest cousin (who is on her way at this very moment, I believe), and on Wednesday they will go to their other grandma's house, where they will be barked at by another small dog, read more books, play in a Princess tent, and splash in the wading pool. Yes, life is good.

And I'm all by myself!

This morning I got to get up when I wanted to (which, surprisingly - and both my husband and my father will probably pass out when they read this - was 6:30am), shower without company, and eat breakfast without getting up multiple times to do things for people that they really should do for themselves. I also got to read the comics without waiting for Vicki to finish with them. Today I will clean the living room without getting in anyone's way and eat what I want for lunch and not what the majority of small people demand request. Then I will clean the bathrooms without someone screaming at me that they have to go potty RIGHT NOW and can't possibly use either of the upstairs bathrooms, and I will clean the kitchen without fear of it getting messy again the second I turn my back. Then Chris will come home, we'll eat dinner, and go to a movie for Family Home Evening.

Tomorrow I plan to get up when I want again, get a haircut without worrying that my kids will destry the salon in one fell swoop, do some shopping BY MYSELF!!! and enjoy a stressless lunch out with my friend Rachel. Then I will come home and do some laundry, pack my bags, and listen to the podcast of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me that Chris always brings home on Tuesdays.

On Wednesday I will fly first class to Anaheim (while Chris sits in coach - HA!), where I will tour the Walnut Village job site, shop at Downtown Disney, go out to dinner with the hubby and a bunch of construction guys, and sleep in a fancier-than-we-can-afford hotel. I will do all this and more (but unfortunately I won't actually go to Disneyland - it wouldn't be any fun by myself) until Friday afternoon, when we will fly back home (me in first class again, woo hoo! Gotta love those airmiles!), sleep, and then get up and drive to Utah to see my girls, who I miss already (but not too much!) While there, I will hang out with the fam, possibly go to the zoo, waterski on Bear Lake, and just relax. I will do this for a week before driving home, this time with my little family all together.

Life is good for me, too!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you get some time all for yourself! I hope you have a great time in California - that sounds fun. I'll think of you next week when you'll be in my neck of the woods! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had time to see everyone in Utah I want to! Some of you people (Kara, Nic) I haven't seen in close to 10 years! One of these days I'm going to figure out how to stretch our trips out longer, but for now we'll just have to think of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a fabulous time! Enjoy the first class flights. Now, why are you in first class and Chris is in coach?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had some time to yourself. :) I had an entire week to myself last week while Zack was at scout camp. It felt the opposite of good. It was pretty lonely. Maybe I should borrow your girls for a week so I can appreciate the solitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Week without hubby = lonely.
    Week without kids = bliss.
    (Not that I don't love my kids!)

    This is why I'm going with Chris. And I'm in first class because that's where they put me when he used his miles to book my ticket. He got bumped to first class, though, so we'll both be flying in luxury, although we still may not be sitting together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are thoroughly enjoying the girls and Abbie has died and gone to heaven with all the attention they give her. She had way more fun at grandma's than she does here.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...