Friday, July 6, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday (Friday Edition)


If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!


Being on vacation makes me lose track of the days.  I had no idea yesterday was Thursday until it was too late to blog.  I'm enjoying the escape from reality.

Back to life in a few short days, though.

I forgot to mention it last week, but, miraculously, no one threw up the entire time we were in St. George.  You will have no idea what a tender mercy that is unless you remember last year's Vacation From Hell.

Yesterday the girls went to my parents' house for a sleepover, and Chris, who generally hates shopping like nothing else, came with me on a shopping spree at the new City Creek Center, where I tried on clothes I will never, ever actually buy ($108 for a shirt?  No thank you!  It was really cute, though.)

I did, however, actually buy over $100 worth of clothes, and I couldn't figure out why Chris was so encouraging - this man who pinches pennies like there will never be enough - until he admitted just how much he'd spent on himself at REI before he joined us in Utah.  Aha!

Speaking of spending money, when I called to schedule dentist appointments for the girls, I was told that, since the insurance company dropped our dental coverage, the cost for a cleaning & exam (including x-rays) would be $350.  Each.  After I picked myself up off the floor, my mother-in-law suggested I take the girls to the dentist their family has used for years.  We did, and the girls ended up needing all kinds of work done (okay, so it's been a few years - thanks, insurance company), and after multiple fillings, one pulpotomy, and three yanked molars we still paid less than we would have if we'd only had the cleanings & exams in Portland.

And we get to find an orthodontist when we get home.

Coordinating schedules for a family picture when you have four grown children involved has proven to be a lot more work than my parents anticipated.  All I can say is they had better turn out.

It's July and my calendar is already full for the rest of the summer.

I'm so glad I decided not to take classes this summer.  I needed a break from studying.  I'm also glad that I'll have a few weeks after the girls start school to get myself all geared up.  Two more terms of A&P are on the horizon.

I had lost 10lbs before we left on vacation. About four days in I pretty much gave on losing the last 5lbs to reach my goal. I just hope I haven't gained back the 10.  Vacation is bad for the diet.

********
Your turn!

1 comment:

  1. I totally love that Chris was wanting you to buy clothes to assuage his own spree. I would love to see what you got.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...