Friday, July 13, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday (Friday edition, again)


If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!


Clearly being home is not helping me keep track of the day any better.  I now blame summer in general.  But I'm not complaining.

I just received collection notices for two bills that I have records clearly showing were paid in November.  What the heck?

Being on hold is more interesting when there's music.  When there's not music, I feel like they've forgotten about me, or hung up, and I'm just sitting there like a fool with a disconnected phone to my head.

Yesterday my friend Rachel and I took our older kids, plus several of their friends, on a 7-mile hike.  It was exhausting, but the view from the top of the mountain (of five surrounding mountain peaks, including Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens) was well worth the climb.

I have found this week that I'm enjoying summer so much more than I ever had.  I guess I never appreciated it before.  I feel like I'm not only enjoying my kids more, but I'm much more productive than I have been all year.  Being in school online makes for a disorganized house.

We are all still in love with our new washer and dryer.  The girls still fight over whose turn it is to do laundry. I hope that never changes.

Ellie can't wait for her sisters to go away to camp in another week.  She has all kinds of big plans, which include multiple visits to YoCream and forcing Mom and Dad to watch the Phineas & Ferb movie.  Wish me luck.

We cracked open my stash of Girl Scout cookies yesterday for our hike.  I still have five unopened boxes hidden in my garage.

Vicki just walked in, read over my shoulder, and immediately started drooling. "You still have five?  What types?  WHAT TYPES!?!?!"

I must now go re-hide the stash.

********
Your turn!

2 comments:

  1. Vicki and I have the same reaction. Also, props on the self control. There is no way I could have lasted that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want cookies!! And the Phineas and Ferb movie...not bad!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...