Thursday, August 25, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

I heard an awesome story this week about E.B. White. Apparently he did an audio recording of Charlotte's Web, and it took him 17 takes to get through the part where Charlotte dies.

I finally broke down today and put our little A/C unit in the window.  We've made it this long, but the house didn't cool down overnight (at 9am it was 80 degrees upstairs, and only 67 outside), and I was dying.  It's amazing what a difference it makes.  I will probably not be as grouchy today as I first anticipated.

I took my car into the shop.  Again.  Maybe this time they'll fix it.

It amazes me in this day and age that there are still people who don't check their email regularly.

My baby starts kindergarten in three weeks.  I can't believe it.  She can, though.  She can hardly wait.

Yesterday we visited the school - I had a meeting with the principal - and when the secretary saw Ellie and her friend Katie, she said, "There's my two kindergartners!" and I swear they both grew a foot taller.

I love getting a haircut.

Next week I get to ride a horse on the beach.  How cool will that be?

Never plan vacations two weeks apart.  It will make you crazy.

There is not enough ice cream in my house today.

********
Your turn!

If you do a Random Thoughts post on your own blog, I'd love to know about it!  Leave me a comment and I'll come read!

1 comment:

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...