Thursday, July 28, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

Every time I think about blogging, I get overwhelmed.  I'm not really sure why, but I can't seem to get a post written to save my life.

Yesterday Ellie was being a space cadet (as usual.)  I said to her, "Are you on another planet?" and she dreamily answered, "Mars."

She's been enjoying her week as an only child.  Yesterday in a Facebook post I called it "(L)only child", but today she told me she only misses her sisters a little bit.  Because "We're going to fight when they get back.  It's just the way we're made."

My phone autocorrects "sleepovers" to "sleepiness".  Smartphone indeed.

If you live in the Portland area, you should know that YoCream has Family Nights Mon.-Thurs. from 5-7pm, where all treats for kids 10 and under are only 99 cents.  I feel it's my duty to share this information with you.

Yesterday I cleaned out under the couch, behind the credenza in the entry, and inside the coat/shoe closet.  Ew.

Today I think I have to conquer the fridge.  I'm pretty sure no-longer-identifiable things in there are close to forming an army to take over the house.  Double ew.

I start school in just over a month.  Holy cow.

After hearing this, I've decided to change the way I pray in public.  Boogedy, boogedy, boogedy, amen!

********
Your turn!

If you do a Random Thoughts post on your own blog, I'd love to know about it!  Leave me a comment and I'll come read!

5 comments:

  1. Wow the shoe closet and the fridge in one week. You deserve an award! Man, Russ has never thanked the Lord for his smokin' hot wife. I'm offended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I credenza? I didn't know you guys were so hoity-toity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, hoity-toity is my middle name!

    ...or something.

    Honestly, I didn't know what else to call it. It seemed a bit long-winded to type "the shelf-type thing that sits near the front door, under the stair railing, in which we keep several baskets full of stuff." Also, the IKEA term is something unpronouncable that contains lots of umlauts, and while words like that are fun to say, they don't have the same effect in type. So, hoity-toity "credenza" it is.

    Also, calling it "the entry" is kinda hoity-toity, too, if you really want to get into it. It's really just the part of the living room closest to the front door. Dang it, Carrie, you're messing with my online image! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also noticed "credenza". Dave's Grandpa said davenport to me the other day and it took me a minute to realize that he was talking about the couch.
    Also, the next time Dave gets asked to give a prayer in public he better thank Heavenly Father for HIS smokin hot wife too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the reference to nascar preacher. classic!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...