Thursday, June 12, 2008

Update on the boyfriend

So I met Forrest today. He's a cute boy, kind of short for my taste, but he has a very "in" shaggy haircut and an impish grin. I can see where the attraction lies.

Lexi said, "Mom, you have to come see someone!" He was hiding behind the door leading into the school. I asked Lexi who he was, and she pulled my head down until my ear was level with her mouth and whispered, "My boyfriend." aHA!

I told her he seemed like a nice boy and asked if she played with him at recess. Her answer? It's a secret. The fact that she has a boyfriend, however, is apparently not so secret anymore, since she was bragging to Vicki about him. Vicki couldn't care less. She has boy friends but not boyfriends.

I did manage to get out of her, finally, that at recess he hides while she looks for him. I asked her what happened when she found him, and she said then it was her turn to hide. Sounds like a pretty solid, sharing relationship, if a little secretive.

There's only one more day of school, so I'm afraid the relationship is doomed. But now there's time to teach her about cooties!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Lexi is focusing on relationships where each is willing to share the work equally. Smart girl. Hopefully the break up wont be too painful. I guess it depends on who realizes first that the other has cooties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the whole break up thing. I never understood the whole cooties thing, but good luck with that one too!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...