Monday, June 30, 2008

Train update

We've learned that the reason for the derailment was that a wheel on one of the cars was loose and chose the moment the train zipped past our house to fall off. At least no one was hurt (did I say that before? It was a lumber train, so no hazardous chemicals, no animals, and no people. Even the engineer was unscathed - scared to death, I'm sure, but unharmed)

I feel like I'm living in a construction zone this morning. Oh, wait, I am! They worked clear through the night Thursday and Friday nights and had the train moved out of the way by Saturday morning. I have no idea what they've been doing since then, but our street is still closed to thru traffic and there's all kinds of construction noises outside today. I'm wondering if they have to repair some of the track - I imagine it got pretty scraped up in the whole derailment process. So we don't have the noise of traffic or trains, but I'm not sure I enjoy the trade-off anymore. Hopefully things will be back to normal in a couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are clearing up around your house. Goodness, when it is all cleaned up and done you aren't going to know what to do with yourself. But at least it will be quiet. (=

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...