Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Primary Program

Sunday was the annual Primary Program at church (for those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about, Primary is sort of the children's Sunday school). These are always my favorite Sundays because I love the spirit that these kids bring to the meeting. This year, apart from the usual singing, they asked one child from each class to give a talk based on a part of the theme for this year, Faith in Jesus Christ. Lexi was asked to give the talk for her class. Her topic was: My Faith in Jesus Christ Brings Me Blessings. She was really excited to write the talk herself, with just a little guidance from Mom (since her #1 "blessing", in her opinion, is her favorite doll, Molly, and she wanted to go on at length about just how great a blessing that is). Here's her talk as she gave it:

"Heavenly Father has given me many blessings. I have a Mom and Dad who love me. I love my sisters, too. I have a home to live in and many food to eat. I have a doll. Heavenly Father blessed me with courage so I’m not afraid to try new things, like going to school. I’m thankful to Heavenly Father for my blessings. They make me happy. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

Vicki gave a talk last year, so this year she just got to relax and sing the songs, which she did with the greatest enthusiasm, even doing all the signs she could remember for "Love One Another". She sings her way through life, so in no way did she think she got the short end of the deal. It was a great program and I can't wait until next year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...