Monday, October 19, 2009

Spam, spam, spam, spam


I have a “spam” email address that I use for online purchases and things like that. It’s the email address I give out when I know the likely result will be a bombardment of offers for products I physically have no use for (wink, wink.) Most of the time that sort of message goes straight to the spam folder anyway, so all I have to look at are harmless (except, possibly, to the pocketbook) ads for stores where I’ve bought things. Since it’s not my “real” email address and I only check it an average of once a week, it’s not a big deal.

Every once in a while, though, one slips through the net. And something must be wrong with the net, because when I signed on today I found the following from the last several days:
  • Why purchase from Canadian Healthcare? (I had this one twice, with different senders)
  • Impress your business partner with Rolex watches
  • Excellent replicas for a reasonable price
  • Now you can take your pants off with pride
  • Any way you want it, that’s the way you need it
The last one is my favorite. As suggestive as it sounds, it was actually from yourmusic.com, which used to be BMG Music Service.

---------------------------------------------

And now for something completely different.
(but not really)

You know your kids can cope with just about any situation when the adults at the dinner table monopolize the conversation by repeating Monty Python quotes back and forth and the children simply eat their dinner without batting an eye.

Such is life at our house.

5 comments:

  1. "Look, if I went around saying I was king just because some watered-down tart through a sword at me. They'd put me away!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, Lindsey, I hate to be all fussy here, but when it comes to Monty Python in this house there's no room for error. It's actually, "Look, if I went round saying I was emperor just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!"

    Or "Strange women lying about in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

    And also "You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

    Pathetic, isn't it? I've seen this movie WAAAAAAAY too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Chris were quoting Monty Python when you first met! I remember it - in our dorm living room, meeting our fhe brothers and the two of you immediately focusing in on each other and quoting Monty Python and Pinky and the Brain among other things for two hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about They Might Be Giants? I was listening to TMBG the other day and it made me think of you and hanging out in your apartment freshman year. That was the year of Monty Python and They Might Be Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah, we've indoctrinated the kids with TMBG as well!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...