Thursday, October 8, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday


There's a spider in my hall.

I feel like I've been playing catch-up all week long, thanks to our weekend canning extravaganza.  I'm finally mostly caught up, though.  And the laundry is actually mostly folded and put away, if you can believe it!

Speaking of canning, I believe that pear butter is quite possibly the ambrosia of the gods.  It's that good.  And if you're really, really nice to me (and if we don't eat all 20-something jars in the next two weeks, which, at the rate we're going, is a distinct possibility) then maybe I'll share :)

I have decided that shopping for presents for my girls stresses me out way more than it should.  I just don't want to end up with a bunch of junk that they'll only be excited about for a day or two.  And Christmas is coming...stress, stress, stress!

Why are there fruit flies in my bathroom?

I watched Oprah yesterday for the first time in, oh, probably seven years.  The girls were shocked when I said I wanted to watch a show at 4:00.  I never watch daytime TV.

I asked Ellie last night if she could guess what was for dinner.  She said, "Cake!" and when I said no, she said, "Cupcakes!"  Nice try, sister.

Today Vicki was shocked to realize that Julie Andrews is actually a blonde.  I remember feeling the same way.  She just is Mary Poppins, so how could she not look like her?

I learned the other day that my childhood best friend has a daughter with the same birthday as Ellie.  Crazy.

I hate it when my kids are sick.  103 degree fevers should not be allowed.  Thankfully, she's on the mend (fingers crossed, knock on wood.)

If anyone has any extra chocolate lying around, you know where to send it :)

1 comment:

  1. We have fruit flies (forgot to take compost bucket out), I watched Oprah yesterday and I never watch her (Stephanie Neilson), and I have a daughter named Elly (your spelling is cooler)!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...