Friday, October 16, 2009

Even technology has its weaknesses

I got this email from my brother the other day.  When I read it I knew it was absolutely necessary that I share it with anyone and everyone who happens across this blog.  Hi-larious.  Enjoy.

Our new computer came with the latest version of iPhoto, Apple's photo-sorting application (it's great). One of the new totally cool features is facial recognition. You tag a photo of someone (like in facebook), and then iPhoto can automatically search for more photos of the same person, and you can tell it whether or not it's accurately finding the same face in other photos, and it learns the person's face that way. It makes guesses and you can either confirm or deny it. Then, if you're ever looking for a photo of someone in particular, you can simply look at their face collection. Easy and cool.

Rebecca and I visited Madame Tussauds while on our honeymoon. So, we have lots of celebrity wax figure photos in our iPhoto. I thought it'd be funny to tag the face of one celebrity in particular, so that in the "Faces" section of iPhoto, you see this person's name alongside mine, Rebecca's and the rest of our family/friends.

A few weeks later, I was going through some more photos, tagging them or whatever, and I opened this photo, and here's what I saw:


You'll probably need to click on the photo to enlarge it so you can see it better (I look horrible, so don't even look at me.  I'm not the point of this, anyway.)

Awesome.

7 comments:

  1. LEGENDARY.

    I just laughed so hard. I have nothing else to say. It's too great and I'm still giggling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one Alyson to another, this totally made my day thanks. How many people can say they KNOW George?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are married to George Clooney?! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you struck gold! George Clooney, eh? That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's almost as if the computer is star-struck. Is this George Clooney!!?! Who knew Chris was a look-alike?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why oh why did Chris have to hear that he looks like George? He doesn't and as his sister I just don't need that added to his ego. :)




    I did however laugh out loud when I saw that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, you think it's bad as his sister, let me tell you, there's no living with him now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...