Thursday, October 22, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

Why is it that it sounds like life and death when they’re shouting that they need to tell you something, and as soon as you finally respond all they say is, “Wellllll...ummmm...I just...uhhhhh...I was wonnnnderinnnnng...ummmmmmm...”?

14 quarts of applesauce, 16 pints of salsa, 8 half-pints of bruchetta-in-a-jar, 6 half-pints of pear salsa (kinda more like a chutney, really), and nowhere near enough (used to be 12, but it’s a lot fewer now) half-pints of pear butter. Mmmmmm...

I listened to, among other things, World Have Your Say on OPB this morning while making applesauce. I’m all for respecting other people’s viewpoints, but honestly, there are some crazy scary people in the world.

PBS pledge drives make me feel insanely guilty.

I’m learning that the phrase “quiet time” has different meanings depending on one’s age (you'd think I'd know by now...)

I love the fall. I could live outdoors this time of year, just taking in all the colors. And our tree out front is the most awesome looking thing in the fall. The leaves stay green in the middle for a long time, but they’re edged by red and yellow. I love it!

Here is what I look like to Lexi:

I love it.

I"ve had that song that goes "I'll stop the world and melt with you" in my head all day long.  Dang Hershey's commercial.

I should really get a move on the Halloween costumes.  This year I'm making two fairies and a spider.  Care to guess who is which?

9 comments:

  1. Love the picture. And stop talking about Fall, it's making me so homesick!! I guess I'm just jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for mentioning the Modern English song, I kept forgetting I wanted to buy that on iTunes. Done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it, I'm gonna say it. You are the queen of vague. It's twice that I have googled your vague postings, but I'm not googling this time- your just gonna have blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, are you talking about my World Have Your Say mini-rant? I wasn't trying to be vague, it was just a random thought. But the show was about the British National Party, which I find incredibly racist, and the fact that there are enough people who agree with that viewpoint scares me.

    You can always ask me what I'm talking about! If I'm vague I'm not doing it to be vague, it's more just that I don't have the desire to do a full post about it, but it's part of my random Thursday thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, what I meant to say was ..."the fact that there are enough people who agree with that viewpoint to make up a political party scares me."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh whew! I can't convey it exactly, even though I still don't know what your talking about, but i feel complete now that you have shared some details. It's a beautiful sense of completeness.
    I know.
    I think about peoples blogs waaay to much.
    (and as i look at it again my comment sounds rude, but I totally meant it in a sarcastically exasperated kind of way)

    wow my comment is long.

    Anyways, you just keep blogging Random Thoughts Thursday? I love it. Besides it's not called "Thorough Essays Thursday"

    Thank you and goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh also you are not the queen of vague. Just the queen of interesting randomness, hence my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that new hair do! Are you inspired by Brittany?

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...