Thursday, February 23, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

I feel like all my thoughts lately are about either school or Girl Scouts.  Which makes things not so random, but oh well.

The beauty of an organization like Girl Scouts is that all girls are welcome, no matter their race, color, religion, creed, orientation, shoe size, or order preference at Starbucks.  More than anything else in the world, I want my daughters to be a part of something that promotes the values that really and truly matter in life: honesty, service, consideration, responsibility, respect, conservation, and sisterhood.  They don't need an outside organization to promote their faith; that's our job, and it's why we take them to church.  Learning to respect other people, whether or not all their beliefs line up with ours, is more valuable to me than spending all our time with people who are exactly the same as us.  I can teach my kids what I believe is good and true, and then they can let their lights shine wherever they go.

Whoa.  Maybe I just need to write a post about why I believe Girl Scouts is a good organization.  Or a letter to Rep. Morris of Indiana.

The number of cookie boxes in my house is slowly declining.  Three more weekends to go!

Unless, of course, someone wants to buy a whole bunch of cases of cookies all at once.  Then we can be done and I can have some of my life back.

I'm pretty sure I got an A on the test I took today.  Which makes me really happy because I left the house determined to be happy with a C.  Of course, I may be in total shock once my instructor grades it, but for now I'm going to hold on to the feeling of doing well.  It's all I have.

My house is a complete disaster.  I swear there are goblins messing it up while we sleep.

Why is it that there seems to be less time in a day with each passing year?

If I have a chance, I really want to do a blog post titled "Pictures I didn't take".  I have a LOT of those.

I really love being a part of our school's parent group.  I like being active in the community and working with people I like and respect to ensure that the school remains a great place for kids to learn.

********
Your turn!

If you do a Random Thoughts post on your own blog, I'd love to know about it!  Leave me a comment and I'll come read!

1 comment:

  1. I always admire how involved you are in so many things. For the last week or so I feel like all I can accomplish in a day is one thing (grocery shopping, or errands, or help in Abbie's class) nap, and pick Abbie up from school. You are my hero. (Also that whole thing about That Rep. from Indiana just made me crazy. At least his complete lack of perspective has, I think, backfired on him completely.)

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...