Thursday, July 29, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

Welcome to Random Thoughts Thursday, the bloggy carnival thingy where we post about...whatever pops into our heads.

Joining in is simple. All you have to do is post your own random thoughts on your blog and link back here (see below) so we can make this a great big Random Thoughts Thursday festival! Anyone and everyone is welcome to participate. Even if you think I have no idea that you read my blog, and whether or not you know me personally, I'd love for you to join in. And if you don't have a blog but you're still feeling random, feel free to leave a few thoughts in the comments for everyone else to enjoy.

Ready...set...random!

Today my computer has decided to show everything in a lovely shade of yellow.  It's not the monitor; I checked.  I think it's time for a new computer.

I hate mosquitoes.  Oh, and that Off! fan thing that I was so excited about?  Doesn't really work all that well.  I've worn it while working in the garden on four different occasions, and I'm still being eaten alive.  I'm getting bitten in places I'm fairly certain mosquitoes don't have access to.  It's not comfortable.

Hey, the computer just went back to white again!  Weird.

My new favorite snack is Pirate Booty.  Anyone else tried this?  I'm probably coming really late to the party, but I love the stuff.

I think I should get these posts out earlier in the day.  Maybe next week.

3/4 of my garden is weed-free (or at least considerably less weedy.)  The remaining 1/4 will have to wait until tomorrow.  But I'm determined to not let it get like last year.

Every time I come home from the garden I itch for hours.  Psychosomatically. (Is that even a word?  It is now!) 

Last night I thought of a great random thought for today, but now I can't remember what it was.

Is anyone else troubled by that Verizon commercial, with all the girls talking about how air doesn't care if you're young or old, black or white, etc.?  I don't know why, but it bugs me, and not just in that typical-annoying-commercial way.  It feels too manipulative or something.  Hmm.  Maybe I'm over-analyzing.

Chris confiscated all the Lion King paraphernalia around the house.  Now I only have to deal with it when Vicki practices piano, or when the girls randomly burst into song.  So, yeah, we're still hearing a lot of "I Just Can't Wait to be King".  I just can't wait for it to stop.

Tomorrow I think I actually get to sleep in.  I have no extra kids coming over, there's no swimming lessons, and we have nothing pressing to do.  Hooray for the little things!

****
Your turn!

A bit of advice for the linky tool: please link directly to your Random Thoughts Thursday post, and not to your entire blog. To do this, simply click on the title of your post. This will take you to that post's page, and you can then copy and paste that url into the linky. This way people linking from my blog won’t have to scroll through any other posts you might put up to find your randomness. Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I don't have time for random thoughts....or any sane ones today but I will say that a wish that confiscation of Lion King paraphernalia would limit the singing of songs but alas no luck here either. I think we created some monsters at Bear Lake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also love the "How Twilight Should have ended..." Especially how well they portray the acting quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is "pirate booty"? And if you're late to the party, I guess it means I don't know where the party is. Not sure I was even invited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sariah, it's a snack-treat of sorts. Made from puffed corn (I think - I'm too lazy to go downstairs and actually read the label), but it's kind of like the puffy Cheetos. Only white cheddar instead of orange, and better for you. I think it's mostly found in healthy-food stores, like Trader Joe's, but they carry it at our Costco and I looooove it! I just discovered it recently, though, and I have a feeling it's been around a while, hence the "late to the party" reference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pirate booty is highly addictive - we bought some at Costco and can't do that anymore because we devoured it in a few days. Oh, and I HATE weeding the garden - why do the weeds always grow back so fast???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to ask what Pirate Booty was...but now I don't have to! I'm a fan of the puffy Cheetos, so maybe I should save myself the calories and NEVER TRY PIRATE BOOTY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a toss-up, Carrie, because there are fewer calories in Pirate Booty, so you can feel better about yourself while you're eating it, but if you're like me you'll also convince yourself that since there are fewer calories, you can eat MORE of it and be just fine. So, yeah, probably a good idea to just stay away altogether. Staaaaay awaaaaay.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...