Thursday, September 24, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday


Wasn’t last week’s Random Thoughts great? And isn’t my brother awesome? I was blessed with fabulous siblings. We had our share of squabbles, but really, we always got along really well. Awhile back, when I featured my mom on Mother’s Day, I threatened family members to feature them at random times. I guess this probably counts for Robbie, but everyone else better be on guard. You never know...

Oh, and in case you missed it in the comments, here’s Robbie’s promised “embarrassing” story about me.  Ha! Not so embarrassing.  I love that picture! And I love that even at age 7 he was already weird.

Our whole California trip was awesome. I will bore you all with a post devoted entirely to it in the next couple of days, complete with pictures, of course. But I will highlight it here for you. We did two days at the Disney parks and discovered some awesome new rides, as well as most of the old favorites. We got our pictures taken with a whole slew of characters, and we managed to make it through both days with only minor meltdowns. We also spent a day at the beach, an afternoon touring Chris’s fabulous and almost completed (thank every deity imaginable) project, and a day at Sea World, where we learned the true meaning of the term “soak zone”. We had a great time.

Now I just need to get back into the swing of things. Blah. Why does life have to just keep on being busy?

I like blogger’s new image uploader.

Is there a support group for obsessive hoarders of empty peanut butter jars? I keep washing them and squirreling them away in the garage, just in case. Just in case what, I don’t know, but if it happens, I’ll have plenty. It can’t be healthy. But I can’t bring myself to throw them away.

It’s so nice to come home to a clean house. I just wish it would stay that way.

I’m glad today is Thursday and not Monday. I already need a weekend. Even if it's already busy.

Jen of Cake Wrecks is coming to Portland tomorrow night for her book tour. I want to go, but with three kids in tow? Probably not going to happen. Bummer.

I really don’t feel like being productive today.

I changed my blogger password before I gave Robbie access to my blog, and now I keep forgetting and trying to type the old one. I guess I should change it again, because otherwise I might wake up one morning to find out that he’s hijacked the whole thing. Because I wouldn’t put it past him. Brothers.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sad you are going to miss Jen! I can't say that I blame you for not wanted to take three girls to stand in line at Powells but that is just sad to miss.

    I want to hear all about Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok about the peanut butter jars....have you seen the show Hoarders? Holy Moly! Talk about gross!! THOSE people can't throw ANYTHING away, and I mean anything...don't be so hard on yourself. Maybe they will need those jars at the school one day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you HAVE to go see Jen of Cake Wrecks (I like that as her name, btw). There will be cake there. Your girls will like cake, right? Jen of Cake Wrecks (see? Great name!!) isn't coming to Phoenix and I'm sad. So go for me!!!!!! :)

    I love Disneyland. We almost had a plan to go in 2 weeks. But now we can't. ~sigh~ Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...