Thursday, February 24, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

Still here, still thinking randomly.  Apparently I have fans.  (Or Random Thoughts Thursday does.)

I love how the city of Portland reacts to the forecast of snow.  Watching the news last night, you would have thought the Snowpocalypse was coming.  There's maybe an inch of snow on the ground, but just to be safe all the schools are closed and the snowplow (all one of them) is on patrol.


Maybe I'll get that laundry folded today.

Chris took my camera to California this morning (I'm assuming because I haven't heard otherwise that he's actually in California now, and not stuck at the airport because of ALL THE SNOW.)  I had to borrow Vicki's to get pictures, because by the time Chris gets home it will be too dark, and possibly gone.

Lexi just spent an hour grounded to her bed for an infraction at bedtime last night.  She set her alarm clock so she'd know when the hour was up, and she just came and told me that, and I quote, "It wasn't that bad.  I just played with my fake nails for a while and everything was fine."  Oh, my.  She so did not get that from me.

We have a stuffed gorilla that scares children.  It's one of my favorite toys in this house.

If I were ambitious, I think I'd use today to put my children to work.  Instead I think we'll bake junk food.  Wait, banana chocolate chip muffins aren't junk food, are they?

********
Your turn!

If you do a Random Thoughts post on your own blog, I'd love to know about it!  Leave me a comment and I'll come read!

4 comments:

  1. So not junk food. And soooo yummy.

    Around here, if we get the slightest bit of moisture people think everything should shut down. Honestly, a little bit of rain didn't kill anyone (and we should be USED to it! We have a whole monsoon season every summer!! Crazy Arizonians)

    We have a stuffed alligator that used to scare the kids. Now the kids cuddle with him, but he still scares all the kids' friends. It's fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would you even plow that in the first place? That looks like what they plows leave behind after they are done.

    We made cream cheese brownies and I don't think they are junk food either.

    Finally, we are counting down the days to when we get to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooo...banana chocolate chip muffins couldn't possibly be junk food, especially if you use the Doughtery's recipe with cream cheese and sour cream, right? ; ) Gotta bake some of those soon.

    Beautiful picture. Hope your "snow day" went well. There's 3 or more feet of snow in our yard and more snow is falling again now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I need to see a picture of this infamous gorilla.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...