Thursday, February 3, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

After a friend mentioned in passing why her Christmas decorations were still up the last week of January, I've decided to be less judgemental about people who still have lights up outside, and trees still twinkling in their windows.  You just never know why people do the things they do.

I tried this morning to apply the above sentiment to the woman who used the giant multi-child-seater shopping cart for her one child, but it didn't work so well.  Not that I needed the cart (I refuse to use them unless I have multiple small children with me), but it makes it hard to explain to Ellie why we're not getting one if someone else with just one kid is.

I can't even begin to explain how in love I am with the sunshine right now.  It may be freaking cold, but there is blue sky peeking through, and that's all that matters.

This may quite possibly be the cutest Darth Vader I have ever seen.

I just started a random thought that became so long, and which I was so excited about, that it will now be its own post.  I now have five posts started, some of which I may actually finish and post.  And one of them is controversially political, so that should be good.  I bet you can hardly wait!

I hate it when I find something I think is hilarious, and I'd love to share it with others, but everyone and their grandmother has already posted it on Facebook.  I don't want to be Lady Redundant Woman.  So, instead, I post it on my blog and pretend that most of the people reading this didn't come here from Facebook in the first place.

Year 2 of my Project 365 is going well!  I made it all the way through January without missing a day!  My goal is to beat last year, which means I can only miss 3 days.  And I'm really enjoying seeing all the pictures from the people who have joined me this year.

I'm so excited for my book group tonight!  We read The Help, which I absolutely loved.  I can't wait to discuss it with a bunch of friends!

*This will be the last Random Thoughts Thursday using the linky tool below.  The company is switching from free to subscription-only in order to cover their operating costs, and while I completely understand and respect that, I have no interest in paying for it.  So if you've always wanted to link to RTT but haven't gotten around to it, today (or tomorrow) is your last chance!*

********
Your turn!

A bit of advice for the linky tool: please link directly to your Random Thoughts Thursday post, and not to your entire blog. To do this, simply click on the title of your post. This will take you to that post's page, and you can then copy and paste that url into the linky. This way people linking from my blog won’t have to scroll through any other posts you might put up to find your randomness. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I LOVED "The Help". And having lived in the deep south kinda helped with my understanding of a lot of the issues.

    I hate that I put all my thoughts on Facebook now and never blog because I find that redundant. I'm so addicted to Facebook, however, so I just don't see me leaving it any time soon.

    As soon as I get my tax return I'm getting my camera fixed and then YAY! I can join your photo blog gang/party.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...