Thursday, April 21, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

I love it when people come visit us!  So do my kids - especially when it means they get to skip a day of school.

On the other hand, there's nothing like having houseguests to remind you of all the things in your house that are falling apart.

At least we have a house.

I should be more grateful for what I have, even if it's not perfect.

In a fit of excitement, brought about by the purchase of a new-to-me sewing machine, I decided to make the girls' Easter dresses.  I have the fabric; it's sitting in a nicely folded pile in my closet.  Easter is this Sunday.  Guess what I'll be doing all day long on Friday and Saturday?

I can't believe there's only two months of school left.  And then I'll have a middle-schooler, a 4th grader, and a kindergartner.  And I'll be a college student once again.  Scary, all of it.

Lexi just told Ellie that having a rip in your jeans makes you look cuter.  Great.  It's beginning.

********
Your turn!

If you do a Random Thoughts post on your own blog, I'd love to know about it!  Leave me a comment and I'll come read!

4 comments:

  1. We all have insecurities when guests come, but hold your head high because your home is awesome! I admire you for going back to school! Happy sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we'll come visit if you'll tell us when. Airline tickets are just getting more expensive the longer we wait . . .

    And I'm jealous you have a sewing machine. I'd love to have one, but it's also nice to look at a project and say, "I can't do that without a sewing machine!" It's great to have an excuse for your laziness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having fun with Blaine and Mel! Good luck on your sewing projects...and keeping it secret. And finally good luck on having a middle-schooler, 4th grader, kindergartner and being in college again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i just realized I will also have a 6th grader, 4th grader and K girls too but in 2 years!

    I've got best intention sewing projects too and I can't even sew! I bought t shirts and let them pick fun fabric with the idea of adding a skirt to the t shirts to make dresses. that was 3 weeks ago :(

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...