Thursday, January 27, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

Ellie is already composing her Christmas list for next year.  At the top of the list?  A puppy.  Also, a veterinarian's lab (in case the puppy gets sick) and a treehouse.

Why is it that my children find it impossible to speak to each other respectfully?  And yet they have no problem being respectful to everyone else?

I think my generation is, as a whole, lazier than the one before.  I can think of no other explanation for the abundance of pajamas I see on the parents at my children's school, often at 3:00 in the afternoon.

This morning in the shower I thought of three things I wanted to put in this post.  Now I can't remember what any of them are.

When Lexi called Ellie a preschooler this morning, Ellie said, "I am NOT a preschooler!  I'm a pre-kindergartner!"
I have three blog post ideas floating around right now, so maybe I'll get back to more frequent posting.  Life is busy.

I used to make fun of an old commercial (I think it was for KFC) where the voiceover said something like, "A homecooked meal, on a weeknight?!?"  I didn't get it then.  I've had a meal planned for the last two weeks and haven't been able to fix it because it takes more time than I've had in the evenings.  On the plus side, that means I have everything I need for a fairly decent meal, so I can make it whenever I want.  On the minus side, this is an indicator of just how truly busy life has become.  We've been subsisting on my collection of fast & easy meals for way too long.

********
Your turn!

A bit of advice for the linky tool: please link directly to your Random Thoughts Thursday post, and not to your entire blog. To do this, simply click on the title of your post. This will take you to that post's page, and you can then copy and paste that url into the linky. This way people linking from my blog won’t have to scroll through any other posts you might put up to find your randomness. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about Portland, but here people even wear their pj's to Wal-Mart! I try to avoid that store if at all possible these days.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...