Thursday, October 6, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

I wish I had time to blog.  Yesterday would have been a good blog day, but, alas, there's this thing called homework.

I can post a picture from yesterday now, though:
Senator Jackie Dingfelder encouraging kids to get exercise by
walking & biking to school

It was International Walk & Bike to School Day (did you know that?), and our school had a major party.  Major.  There were big-time political people waiting on the corner to form a walking school bus, free goodies upon arrival at the school, and an assembly with the afore-mentioned big-time political people.  Pretty cool.

It's amazing how much chaos my going back to school created around here.  The only reason the house isn't any more of a wreck is that the girls are all in school all day.  And the only reason the laundry got done this week is that Chris did most of it.  Love that man.

The timer on my phone just scared me to death.  Gotta go check on some cupcakes.

Today is this goofball's 6th birthday:
She makes me smile every day, even without
the nerd glasses.

I forgot to mention that there was also a Portland Timbers player at the festivities yesterday.  My middle daughter, who has never played a game of soccer in her life, had him autograph two pieces of paper, her arm, her school bag, her bicycle helmet, and her new white school shirt.  Nice.  Poor man.

It's picture day at the elementary school tomorrow.  I think I'll have Lexi and Ellie read these handy instructions first.

I should probably get back to those cupcakes.  Yum.

********
Your turn!

If you do a Random Thoughts post on your own blog, I'd love to know about it!  Leave me a comment and I'll come read!

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Ellie! I can't believe how grown up she looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those aren't nerd glasses, they're Portland hipster glasses. Anyway, Happy Birthday to Ellie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...