Thursday, April 15, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

Sun!  I love the sun!

Finding a poppy seed between pages of a borrowed book makes me smile. I like to think that my friend was as involved in the story as I was and couldn’t bear to put it down, even while eating a poppyseed muffin.

This poor blog has been neglected lately. It’s a combination of being insanely busy and not being able to think of anything to write about when I actually have time to do it.

Ellie and her friend refuse to change their dress-up clothes with the door open. This has nothing to do with me; I’m in the room with them, as is another friend we’re babysitting. No, it’s because their imaginary prince boyfriends are out in the hall and they (the princesses) have to preserve their until now uncared-for modesty.

This article is pretty funny.
So is this commercial. (sorry, boys!)

We love Signing Time at our house. The girls haven’t watched it much lately, but they still know their signs. We sign a lot at church. “Can I go potty?” is a lot easier to say when no one has to say anything at all. I have been reading the blog of Signing Time creator Rachel Coleman lately, and it is incredibly inspiring. These are people I would love to know in real life.

My fingers are blueish-greenish.

Chris joined Facebook. He said he wasn’t going to use it much, but he’s been on there every night since.

This picture makes me smile:

Am I a mean mom if I decide that we need a break from hot dogs for lunch, even if it’s just for one day?

6 comments:

  1. "preserve their until now uncared-for modesty" Well said. Ha!

    That Kotex commercial is awesome. "Sometimes I just want to run on the beach....maybe in slow motion." So so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this is random too. I've been meaning to call you and haven't had a chance but but you NEED to read Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. It is WONDERFUL. Light, intelligent and not sentimental love story. And set in England.

    Honestly put it on hold asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are your fingerse blueish-greenish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Signing Time. It helped jump start James' communication skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We totally used Signing Time. Aiden, especially, was pretty proficient. But now no one remembers any of the signs. So much for my goal of having an ASL-fluent family.

    I'm totally giggling over that tampon commercial. I, too, like to do ballet in white spandex. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, you and I totally blogged about the same Forbes article! Are we connected or what?

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...