Sunday, April 25, 2010

Psychology 101

This evening Ellie invited me to join her in playing with Barbies. She wanted me to be the big sister Barbie, and her Barbie was the little sister.

I was directed to have my Barbie ask hers what Mom gave her for lunch.

Her response? “182 snacks.”

Then my Barbie was supposed to get mad and ask how come she got so much (because apparently my Barbie didn’t get anywhere near that much. Probably just 74 snacks, or something. Poor thing.) And the reason she got so many snacks for lunch, apparently, is because she’s the youngest.

Hmmmm...

The conversation went something like this:
My Barbie: "It's not fair!  How come you got so many snacks?"
Ellie’s Barbie: “Go ask Mom why. She’ll tell you.”
Mine: “Okay, fine, I will.” stomp, stomp, stomp over to Mom “Mom, how come she got so much lunch and I didn’t?”
Mom (who was actually Ellie): “Well, sweetie, she got so much because she’s the little sister, and the biggest sisters always get everything all the time, but now it’s the little sister’s turn to get all the snacks and everything."

Wow.

Some kids whine and complain when they feel like they’re getting the short end of the stick.  My daughter projects onto inanimate objects.

I think now would be a great time to invest in a set of Dr. Leo Marvin hand puppets.

5 comments:

  1. Doctor. Leo. Marvin.

    Man, I love that movie.

    John and I knew we were meant for each other when I said I was using baby steps to get across the ice in a parking lot. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. What a great kid you have there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud reading that. Ellie sounds so funny. I wonder if she has tried preaching to your neighbors again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is funny.
    I already see Savannah having similar issues. Abbie gets to take all the classes and Savannah is too young to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BAH HAHAHAHAHA!!! I love it! And yes, I'm for the Dr. Leo Marvin hand puppets.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...