Thursday, April 1, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

This morning I watched Vicki sneak a large and rather-realistic looking plastic spider into her school bag, and I didn’t say anything. That’s love.

I had a fabulous random thought at about 5:00 this morning, but I chose to go back to sleep rather than write it down, and now I have no idea what it was.

I did the breakfast dishes before 8:00 this morning. I’m so proud of myself.

Just don’t ask me about the lunch dishes.

Yesterday I helped two 4th graders sew pajama pants. Eight pairs pretty much down, three to go. Am I crazy? Don’t answer that.

Why are all the doorknobs in this house sticky?

The Spring cleaning bug hasn’t bitten me yet, and I’m not sure I really want it to.

Ellie needs new pants. Let’s just say that a favorite phrase in our house right now is “just say no to crack.”

Chris thought it would be funny one night after dinner to do a sort of dance while he belched. Much to my dismay, the girls thought it was hilarious and beg him to do it every night now (I am not making this up). This morning, proving my point once and for all that he’s a bad influence on the children, Lexi did the same thing. She was so proud, and I just wanted to cry.

Did you know you’re not supposed to bring recording devices, including cameras, into WinCo? I didn’t. At least, not until after I had my quotation marks picture published. Oops.

People actually spend over $100 on an Easter dress for their kids? I won’t even spend that much on three Easter dresses!

Is “denunciate” a word? Because that’s what Ellie does when I tell her I can’ hear her. I’m not sure what makes her think it helps, but it doesn’t.

There is a boy at the girls’ school who looks and acts exactly like Russell from Up.

One day, I will invent a TMI filter for the internet, and I will make millions off it.

3 comments:

  1. If it is any consolation my mom often felt like my dad was a bad influence on us. He did not however burp at the dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't imagine Chris belching. I better not tell Jared about the dance, then he will start doing too. Do they forget they are raising daughters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff does and says a TON of things that I consider to be bad influences on our kids. It's like I have to retrain Porter after Jeff leaves :) Every gross boy bodily function thing you can think of, Jeff has done. Sigh. And I will NEVER spend that much on an Easter dress. I just use dresses that people have given to me as hand me downs. Am I cheap or what?

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...