Monday, January 5, 2009

R.I.P., fishies

We came home from vacation to find that two of our fish had gone on to a better place.







Alas, SarahBellaLinaRiffSammyYoungbergEbert and Nemo (aka Memo) have gone to meet their Maker. (Ellie wants to know when Heavenly Father is going to send them back.) We lay no blame on the friends who were feeding them for us, although they feel terrible.

We had a nice little funeral for them last night, around the toilet bowl. We all said goodbye, and Ellie told Nemo, "I love you." Heartbreaking. Then we flushed them away and moved on. They were fish, life goes on. We will probably replace them in the next few weeks.

7 comments:

  1. As I was reading this I was picturing the episode of the Cosby Show where they also held a funeral for the goldfish Lamont. Sadly, you've been down this road before. Remember when you had a fish at Ricks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think next time you should make Chris "say a few words" over the fish. Isn't that always the time in the movies when the dads don't have clue what to say? (Not that Chris would have that problem.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, one can only hope they went peacefully. Sarah Beck asked me to ask you to invite her to read your blog! (wow, I feel so junior high at this moment!) She is on my blog list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To continue in junior high fashion, you can tell Sarah that I told you it was okay for her to read my blog. It's not private or anything, so she doesn't need an actual invite. Besides, I've been secretly stalking, er, I mean reading her blog for a while now, ever since I figured out that she used to be Sarah Zachreson, so kudos to her for actually asking permission!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stalking me on my blog. I've seen you comment on Danielle's, Kara's, and Lori's blog. I clicked on your name quite a few times, but it never led me anywhere. Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I'm glad I can see how far you and Chris have come in over 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the comment, "That's awesome" is really inappropriate, but that is what I think after reading this post. I love the fish names, the toilet ceremony - all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Weren't you afraid of this happening? When Hannah's fish died I believe they had a king's send off for it, complete with setting it on a small boat made out of paper and then setting it on fire.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...