Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our incurable bookworm

We have a deal with Vicki that she can stay up reading as late as she likes, but if she acts too tired the next day, then no reading that night. This usually works out pretty well, and she'll read until she gets tired and then turn out her light and go to sleep. But every once in a while she crashes in the middle of reading:


I can usually tell this has happened when her light is still on and there's no movement, and then I have to climb up on her bed (she's on the top bunk) to turn it off. Usually she just has her hand in the book like she does in the picture, but once I found her with the book shut on her nose. It was a big book, too! She woke up before I could get the camera, but oh, how I wish I had a shot of that one!

Those of you who are familiar with Dizzy Bear will notice that he is still around and loved (and holds up considerably well in the wash!)

3 comments:

  1. She is so adorable. I have to say that that still happens to me. I just hope that my kids are avid readers like yours. There is just nothing better than a good book. Oh and I agree about the book and the nose. That would have been fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish all my students stayed up late to read! That's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki reminds me so much of me! For your sake I hope this trend ends soon or you are going to have a perfectionistic overachiever on your hands. Which might not sound too bad but ask my parents, they will warn you.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...