Thursday, February 14, 2008

The best Valentine's Day ever!!!

...and it's only 1:00!

For days Vicki has been squirreling away all kinds of things in a special box she made, and wouldn't tell anyone what it was for, except that we'd find out on Valentine's Day. Last night she asked Chris to wake her up when he left for work (at 6am) so she could get something ready. I have never seen anyone so excited for Valentine's Day before - it was really cute!

Anyway, she came into my room at about 6:15 this morning and said I wasn't allowed to go downstairs without Lexi and Ellie, and they weren't allowed to go down without me, so everyone had to wait in my room while I showered. Once we were all dressed, we went downstairs, and this is what we found:


You probably can't read it, but the paper in the middle says, "To: my family. From: ???????"
She gave each of us two items (I got the "mini-me" picture of her and a glow-in-the-dark star) and a pencil, and she was so excited. Her sisters thought it was the coolest thing ever, and were so grateful, even though the gifts were just stuff from around the house (Ellie's first exclamation was, "My sunglasses!") They were truly from the heart, and she was so eager to show her love for us. She is such a sweetheart. Sorry Chris, but this beats flowers and chocolates any day!
I'm the luckiest mom alive!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute! How thoughtful! I think that those are the best kinds of Valentine's. They mean the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable!!! You've got to be so proud that you raised such a thoughtful daughter. Vicki is SO cute and it is so fun that her sisters loved it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that is so sweet of Vicki. And really funny that Elli was so excited to get her sunglasses. Does that mean you can wrap up her old toys for Christmas? :)

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...