Wednesday, March 12, 2008

We love to fall back...Spring forward, not so much

I don't know about anyone else, but Daylight Savings was HARD this year. Losing an hour of sleep never goes over well with anyone, but it didn't help matters that we were all up late Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights, either. Ellie refused to take a nap Monday, because even though I put her down at noon like I always do, to her it felt like 11:00, so she just hung out in her bed and played for an hour and a half (with a potty run in there somewhere) before I gave up and let her come out. So, of course, here's what happened at 4:30:

I had to take a picture because it looks like she just fell over, which is pretty much exactly what happened. Then we went to our friends' house for Family Home Evening, and we lost track of the time and didn't get home until after 9:00, which meant the girls didn't get to bed until after 10pm (not that Ellie would have fallen asleep any earlier anyway, thanks to her early-evening catnap).

On Monday I got a call from the school - it seems like they call me a lot - to tell me that Lexi was in the office coughing up a storm and complaining of not feeling good, so could I please come get her. I brought her home and she laid around the rest of the afternoon. We had the missionaries over for dinner at 6:30, and she ate about six bites and then said she was finished and went upstairs and put herself to bed.

Vicki, of course, was completely unaffected by it. The only issue she ever has with sleep is that she just doesn't want to do it.

I read in the paper that it takes the average person 5 days for a person's body to adjust to the time change. Today is day 4. I never thought I'd say this, but please, please, puh-leeez let my children be average!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...