Thursday, March 1, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

The sun is shining!

It's a little sad that out of my last 7 posts, 5 of them are Random Thoughts Thursday.  All week I've had plans for a couple of different blog posts, but darn those priorities.

I did manage to catch up on my Project 365 blog (at least through Sunday...okay, so it's not technically caught up, but it's better than it was, and I have taken pictures every day since then).  The exciting thing is that the last time I missed a day was February 27 of last year.  So I have now officially taken pictures for 365 days straight.  How cool is that?

Chris sent me the link to this video.  Actually, he made me watch the video and then I made him send me the link, but it all amounts to the same thing, right?  Anyway, it's hilarious.  Although if you're easily offended by references (both slang and medical) to women's reproductive parts, you probably shouldn't watch.

I just can't get excited about grocery shopping.  I've tried, and it's just not happening.  Is there anyone who can?

I still haven't watched Downton Abbey.

Then again, I still haven't read a book by Jane Austen.  Well, not really.

I was so sad yesterday to hear that Davy Jones had died.  I used to watch The Monkees all the time when I was a kid, and I had all kinds of plans to marry him one day.  Of course, at the time I had no idea that he was something like 30 years older than me.  He was just really, really cute.

And I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the world that defines "groovy" better than this video:



Hey, I made it through a whole post without mentioning Girl Scout cookies!  Oh...maybe not.

********
Your turn!

If you do a Random Thoughts post on your own blog, I'd love to know about it!  Leave me a comment and I'll come read!

2 comments:

  1. My first year at Girl's Camp, when I was a mere 12 years old, a group of us became friends on a hike and called ourselves "The Monkees" because we sang Monkees songs on the entire hike. We thought we were so cool. Then we got back and we had some speaker who, while I don't remember a thing about what she spoke to us about (chastity? self-esteem? what else do you learn about at Girl's Camp when you're not cleaning latrines or going on hikes?), I remember how giddy we were when she pulled out her guitar and started singing "I'm a Believer" and we made her an honorary Monkee.

    Sigh. You still haven't bowed to the pressure of Jane Austen or Downton Abbey. I'm ashamed of you. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also was in love with Davey Jones. My friends and I acted out the band and learned all the songs.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...