Thursday, September 8, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

Ellie is currently planning out all the details for her birthday party.  Her birthday isn't for another month, but since this has been going on in some form or another for the last 10 months, I guess it's finally about time to take her seriously.

I got robocalls from the "credit card services department" at 10:30 last night and 6:30 this morning.  Nice.

Vicki's new shoes are only two sizes smaller than mine.  And she is, quite proudly, only 7 inches shorter than me.  I am not ready for this.

Turtle haiku!

I've been walking down to the school each afternoon, even though I don't technically have to go this week, since Ellie hasn't started yet and Lexi's old enough to walk home alone.  Talking to the other parents on the playground after school is my social outlet each day.

My sister-in-law sent me this link.  Some of them are really crude (Mom, you're probably going to be offended), but I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I've wondered sometimes if my memories of just how hilarious Lexi was when she was little are a little exaggerated.  After last night's discovery, it's clear they're not.  She has a one-of-a-kind personality, and she is awesome.

For the last three days, Ellie has started begging for lunch at 9:00 in the morning, approximately half an hour after she's finished breakfast.  Methinks this girl needs to be in school.

I've read a lot of blogs lately where parents talk about how sad they are sending their children off to school.  I don't feel that way.  Should I feel that way?  I love my kids, and I love spending time with them, but I also love the fact that they're stretching their wings by going off to school each day, learning new things and being with friends (and learning how to be with people who aren't friends.)

I'm hosting Book Club tonight, so I should probably get back to making my house presentable.  Well, at least the downstairs part.  What they can't see won't hurt me.

********
Your turn!

If you do a Random Thoughts post on your own blog, I'd love to know about it!  Leave me a comment and I'll come read!

6 comments:

  1. Those signs are hilarious, yes one or two might be a little offensive, but sometimes it's ok to laugh at offensive things, right?? You should check out http://www.signspotting.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed them. I sure did. And sorry if I offend your mom.

    I am one of the moms missing my kid. And I think either emotion is fine. I am excited and proud of this new step she is taking in her life (and she is thrilled). I'm just not used to having her gone all day every day.

    I'm also a little confused how is it a haiku? Isn't a haiku 5 -7 - 5? You are the grammar goddess so maybe you can help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, Holly, one more way to waste time! ;)

    So it's not technically haiku, at least not the 5-7-5 kind, but I think haiku can vary in form. It's not grammar, and I'm no poet, so who really knows? Anyway, I just thought it was funny: "the turtle, it bites".

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, it took me ten minutes to find the turtle.
    Second, that link must be pretty offensive because my computer at work says it contains adult language and will not let me go there.
    Third, my child cannot be awake for longer than three minutes in the morning before she starts asking for breakfast. She must eat RIGHT NOW or she "will starve. STARVE".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allie, thank you for that link. Wow. I was laughing so hard last night! Needed that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...