Thursday, November 18, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

This morning I held my tongue and made my daughter a peanut butter and goldfish cracker sandwich for breakfast. Choose your battles, people. Choose your battles.

I am finished with all the Christmas shopping I need to keep secret from the girls! Now I just need to finish up all the rest. Anyone know what my brother wants?

Our oven died last week. It’s amazing how hard it is to come up with a week’s worth of stovetop meals. The repairman should be coming today. Fingers are crossed.

The cookie dough we were going to bake when we discovered the oven was dead, and which we put in the freezer instead, is slowly disappearing, and no one will take credit for it.

I can levitate birds, but no one cares.

One day, when I’m rich and famous, I’m going to travel to all the places in Europe that I’ve been but didn’t care enough about when I was younger. I wish I could remember Madrid.

What is it about parenthood that makes brains fuzzy? I used to remember all kinds of pointless things, but now I can’t remember the pointless, let alone the useful.

I have discovered that while I really enjoy having a baby around for several hours while I babysit, I also really enjoy giving the baby back to his mom at the end of the day. I’m pretty sure I’m finished with that stage of my life.

Last night I bought five tickets to Harry Potter. Tomorrow, Vicki is having the birthday party of her dreams. And it’s entirely possible that I’m even more excited than the four 10-year-old Harry Potter nuts I’m taking to the movies tomorrow evening.

And now, I have to go clean out under the oven. I haven't done it once in the five years we've lived here (I can't believe I'm admitting this), but now that someone is probably actually going to see under there, I'm afraid of what he might find.

May the Force be with me.

********
Your turn!

A bit of advice for the linky tool: please link directly to your Random Thoughts Thursday post, and not to your entire blog. To do this, simply click on the title of your post. This will take you to that post's page, and you can then copy and paste that url into the linky. This way people linking from my blog won’t have to scroll through any other posts you might put up to find your randomness. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, so I clean out under my oven weekly. I surely do. (Do you have to pull the oven out to do that?)

    I hear you about the baby thing. I feel like in my twenties, energy was pretty abundant, but I have to earn it in my thirties. I don't know how some moms do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me some of that sweet cookie dough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of years ago my oven died right before Thanksgiving. We had to cook the turkey on the grill and do all the other stuff in the toaster oven. It was a very inventive dinner and thank goodness it was unseasonably warm that year.

    I remember Madrid. It's hot. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...