Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Extra Shiny

This evening Chris took the older girls to their church activity.  This is our usual mid-week bath time for Ellie, since her big sisters are gone and she can play in the tub for a long time, instead of having to hurry so we can get everyone clean before bed.

Once she was in the tub, I decided it would be a good time to sit down and read.  I could have been doing the dishes, but that's no fun.

I got a little caught up in my book, apparently, because the next thing I knew the water was draining from the tub.

"Wait!" I hollered.  "Don't drain the tub yet!  We still need to wash you!"

And she hollered back, "It's okay, Mom.  I already did everything you usually do in here."

Somehow, I didn't think her doing it was going to be as effective as me doing it, but she was clearly so proud of her efforts that I knew it was going to have to be handled delicately.

"Um, how about I just do it over again, just to, um, make sure..."

"Oh, okay, Mom, you just want to make sure that I'm extra shiny?"

Yes, that's it!

She's extra shiny


  1. At least she didn't poop in the tub, which is what Savannah does (twice in the last month) when I get caught up in a book while they are in the tub.

    I want to know, how did she do at making herself extra shiny?


Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...