Thursday, September 16, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

All week long I’ve been telling myself I’ll write this on Wednesday night and have it auto-post first thing Thursday morning. So much for that. Sorry, folks.

Sometimes I forget about time zones. I’ll see that someone left a comment at 4:30 in the morning and I worry about what they were doing up so early. Then I remember that they live on the East coast, and I feel better.

We ate all the brownies I baked in the midst of pear canning on Sunday. I needed a snack that wasn’t fruit. But now they’re gone and I want something sweet and chewy. I think I’ll bake cookies.

Vicki and her friends are helping the school counselor make a short how-to movie about behavior in the school cafeteria. How cool is that?

I love our school.

This morning I did code-of-dress check in all the classrooms. Only 3 kids not dressed appropriately, hooray!

Have I mentioned before that I love the girls having a school uniform? Even if it’s technically just a dress code? It makes our mornings go so much more smoothly.

I have this weird feeling life is about to get a lot busier. I’m having a hard time understanding how that could be, seeing as how I already feel like life is much busier than it ever has been.

I’m enjoying the mornings with just Ellie. We love walking home together after dropping her sisters off at school.

If you're not a reader of EPBOT, the fabulous new(ish) blog by Jen, the hilarious creator of the equally fabulous Cake Wrecks, there is one post in particular you need to read.  In short, she had a really, really bad day, but she found something that cheered her up, and she decided to turn it into a B.A.D. (day) instead.  Click here to learn more!

Alrighty, now, how about those cookies? Chocolate chip or snickerdoodles…any suggestions?

********
Your turn!

A bit of advice for the linky tool: please link directly to your Random Thoughts Thursday post, and not to your entire blog. To do this, simply click on the title of your post. This will take you to that post's page, and you can then copy and paste that url into the linky. This way people linking from my blog won’t have to scroll through any other posts you might put up to find your randomness. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. You both win! See, I decided on chocolate chip, baked them, and then was horribly disappointed with the outcome. They were way too flat. I think it's because I tried to make them smaller than the recipe calls for and misjudged the baking time. But I was so depressed with my less-than-spectacular cookies that I'm now baking snickerdoodles to make up for it. As if I have nothing else to do today...

    But cookies boost morale! Yay cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good cookie day....maybe that is what I should do this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know voted has ended, but: I like both cookies, but chocolate chip usually wins for me. What about chocolate chips in the snickerdoodles? Is that genius or cookie blasphemy?

    And that's cool about the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie, that's complete and total cookie blasphemy. No cookies for you.

    And about the video...it's too bad you're not living here, because I was talking to the counselor today, and she was trying to figure out how to edit the video together, and put words on the screen and stuff, and I kept thinking, I know just the man for the job - too bad he's 800 miles away!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...