Thursday, September 9, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

I keep meaning to post these earlier in the day, but I’m just not that organized.  One day! (maybe)

Having just Ellie at home again is weird. But she loves it. Having Mom all to herself again has almost erased the sting of not being able to start kindergarten until next year. Almost.

Why can’t I find the book I want to read?

Insurance companies make my head hurt.

I want a bigger car.

If I get a bigger car, I know at least a dozen people who will automatically assume it’s because I’m pregnant. I’m most definitely not, and will not be for a looooong time, if ever again. But I still want a bigger car.

I have a feeling I’m going to get sucked into a bigger role in the school’s parent group because I plan to attend the meeting next week. It’s not pride; I just know how things work at our school. I’m not sure how I feel about this.

I finished reading Where the Red Fern Grows to the girls two weeks ago. It was as bad as I'd feared. Do you have any idea how hard it is to read out loud while sobbing? And that was just because I knew what was coming! We hadn't even gotten to the sad parts yet. Soon we’ll watch the movie. Can’t make it through that without sobbing, either.

Even though no one sees it but me, it’s still embarrassing when I type too fast and spell my own name wrong.

I have lots and lots of pears getting very very ripe in my kitchen. I should probably do something with them. Today.  Now, even.

********
Your turn!

A bit of advice for the linky tool: please link directly to your Random Thoughts Thursday post, and not to your entire blog. To do this, simply click on the title of your post. This will take you to that post's page, and you can then copy and paste that url into the linky. This way people linking from my blog won’t have to scroll through any other posts you might put up to find your randomness. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I'm having the same problem finding a book to read...and time to read it.

    You are much nicer about insurance companies than I am. I have a deep and utter loathing for them.

    Just be grateful there is a parent group to join at your school. It means at least some of your kids' friends' parents care. That isn't the case at all schools that I can think of.....ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that I can't find a book to read, I just literally can't find the book I want to read! I know it's around here somewhere, but I don't know where. It's #3 in a series Chris finally convinced me to read, so I have to read it before I move on. In the meantime, I'm reading Harry Potter #7. Again. I couldn't make myself start with #1, but after finishing the Percy Jackson series, I found myself longing for another epic battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been random enough to post a random thought thursday on my blog. My thoughts all come to me in the middle of the night after I have fed Marion and am back in bed....I will try harder!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...