Thursday, March 19, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

Girl Scout Cookie sales are finished for the year! Woohoo!!!

Fevers make my kids hilarious. Last night at about 10:30 Vicki called me into her room to ask me, "Where have I been all night, on a hippogriff or a flying elephant?"

I am firmly convinced that everyone is making their jeans a size larger, but still labeling them the same. So a size 8 is really a 10, but we all feel good because we think we're skinnier than we really are. Because I really don't think I've been losing weight - GS Cookies, remember?

On a related note, do people actually pay $100 for jeans? Seriously?

I am proud to post my results on the Make a Word test:

Click here to play Make-A-Word word game, and TRY to score better!

Yes, that's right, I am a Master. Bow before my awesome word-making skills. And don't ask me how many times I had to take it to achieve those results.

How long will it be before Ellie stops trying to get people to believe she's older than she actually is and starts trying to pass for younger?

The suggestions Word gave for "correcting" the phrase Ellie stops trying to get people to believe that she's in that last sentence were:
-Ellie stops trying to get people to believe that she are
-Ellie a stop trying to get people to believe that she's
-Ellie stops' trying to get people to believe that she's
This is why our schools still need to teach grammar. 'Nuff said.

I am so ready for Spring. Without the rain. Oh, wait, this is Oregon. Okay, just Spring -I'll take rain if I have to, just please let it be warmer than it has been!

Why is it that when one ore more of the girls are not in school, it totally throws my day?

We watched The NeverEnding Story with the girls a few weeks ago. Lexi is now obsessed with the Childlike Empress and I love it.

It's ridiculous how much the phrase, "Mom, you are so weird!" makes me smile.

What is it about Band-Aids? Why are they so cool? Why do kids feel like life is not complete unless they have at least three in various places on their body?

Legos are awesome. I don't think there's another toy on the planet that is so universally adaptable. Our boy friends like to build Star Wars ships. Vicki and Lexi build castles, houses, and wishing wells. Ellie builds mommies and babies and has elaborate conversations with them. Everyone is happy.

Easter candy is in the stores....mmmmmm...Cadbury Creme Eggs.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe people actually spend $100 on jeans either. That's just crazy. $30 is pushing it for me, way pushing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I get excited about fitting into a smaller size, John reminds me about vanity sizing as if to say "No, you're not really that size." Thanks, honey, love you! Well, I fit into a pair of size 2 jeans the other day and I don't care if it's vanity or not. If it says 2, then it's 2! Now, if only they would vanity size bras...only in the other direction!
    Oh, and I found a pair of Seven Jeans (designer) at a consignment shop downtown and they were $35 marked down from $78 marked down from who knows how much originally, and I was still too cheap to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got some shorts/capris for $1.50 brand new at Old Navy at the clearance rack. There is no going back my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the Never Ending Story, i LOVE that movie. And Peeps for me...ok cadbury eggs too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I buy my jeans from the Old Navy clearance section too. I don't want to spend $100 for a whole wardrobe, let alone a pair of jeans!

    I love The Never Ending Story! I have both 1 & 2. I think the first one is better. (Which is usually the case).

    My favorite Easter candy is the Reese's eggs. I just love those. I always have to have at least one Cadbury egg.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...