Okay, on to the funny stuff.
Awhile ago (to be honest, I've just been waiting for the opportune moment to blog this) Ellie and I had the following conversation:
- E: Mom, who is Jesus' dad?
- M: Heavenly Father.
- E: Oh. Is Jesus' dad in charge?
- M: Yes, He is.
- E: Hey! Just like I'm in charge!
Then today we had this discussion while driving to the store:
- E: I know, Mom! Let's go to Wendy's for lunch!
- M: No, Ellie, we just had Wendy's the other day, so we're not going to have it again for a while.
- E: Aw, Moooooom...
- E: Hey, Mom? Jesus wants us to follow His directions.
- M: That's right, He does.
- E: Mommy, we're not following Jesus' directions.
- M: We're not? How come?
- E: Because Jesus wants us to go to Wendy's for lunch.