Monday, March 16, 2009

Children's Museum, hooray!!!

Our library has a pass to the Children's Museum that you can place on hold, and I finally made it to the front of the line. I've only been waiting since the beginning of October. Fortunately, they are only closed on Mondays during the fall and winter, so today I took Ellie and her friend Katie for a morning of kiddie chaos.

The girls gave each other checkups,

Did some shopping,

And then fixed me a tempting meal at the bistro.

They brushed Mr. Crocodile's teeth,

performed a variety of interpretive dances onstage while wearing a variety of fancy clothes,

and then operated the lighting and sound for the other performers.

We painted pink hearts on our cheeks,

played in water (and managed to stay reasonably dry in the process!),

and helped Bob the Builder and his friends build their new town in Sunflower Valley.

And finally it was time to head home, exhausted but happy. I think I was only slightly more exhausted, and they were only slightly more happy - it was a blast for all three of us! We couldn't leave, though, until we took advantage of one final photo op:

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally made it! It looks like a lot of fun. I think that your Children's Museum is bigger than ours. I like the dance stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like you guys had fun! Children's museums are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Children's Museum there. So fun! I need to find one here.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...