Monday, November 4, 2013

A Month of Gratitude, Day 4

This morning I drove Chris to the MAX station so he could catch a train for work.  Normally he rides his bike, but right now spokes keep falling off of it, so it's in the shop (again) for some more TLC.  While I was driving home, I was thinking about how I really didn't want to be anywhere but my bed right then.  Did I mention it was 6:30am?  And that I am, in no way, shape or form, a morning person?  Now, there is a bus that runs a few blocks from our house, and Chris could have walked those few blocks and then caught the bus, but it only runs every half hour, so if he happened to miss it, that's a long time to be standing in the rain.  So instead, I drive him to MAX, which takes about 15 minutes round trip.

What does this have to do with gratitude, you ask?  Well, today I'm thankful that Chris has a job for me to drive him to at 6:30 in the morning.  We've been really fortunate the last eight and a half years.  He's had the same job, despite downsizing at his office, and I've been able to stay home with our girls while they were young.  I'm well aware of how blessed we are, and I'm very grateful for it.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...