Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Month of Gratitude, Day 3

Just after I turned 13, my family moved from Oklahoma to England, where we lived for five years.  During that time, I became quite adept at traveling.  So far, I have been to 21 different states, and 13 foreign countries.  I have seen the sun set over the temple of Poseidon and I have attended a service in St. Paul's Cathedral.  I lit a candle inside Notre Dame and danced around Stonehenge.  I watched ice break off a glacier in Alaska and I rafted down the Snake River.  I have climbed the steps of El Castillo at Chichen Itza and I have stood beneath the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.  I have camped at the beach and in the mountains, and I have looked down on the Matterhorn and on Mt. Hood from inside an airplane.  I have skied in the Swiss Alps and in the Rocky Mountains, and I have gone swimming in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean.

It has been my privilege to see all of these amazing and beautiful sights, and today I am thankful for the beauty of the earth.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...